top of page



The separation of a piece of land to form two or more new adjoining properties is known as a subdivision.  It is required if you want to sell, mortgage, or enter into any agreement a portion of your land.  The subdivision of land is controlled by the requirements of the Community Planning Act and must be submitted to the Regional Service Commission for approval.

It is very important to discuss your proposal with staff at the Regional Service Commission before applying for subdivision approval in order to obtain advice and information on how to proceed with the application.

Subdivision approval assures that:

  • the land is suitable for the proposed use,

  • the proposal conforms with the provisions of the Rural Plan, as well as provincial regulations and any applicable local by-laws,

  • consideration is given to the effects of the division of land on the site, neighbors, and the community as a whole.

to view the Application Form click on the following link

Learn more about the Upcoming Meetings & Events of the Kings Regional Service Commission.


CUrrent news

Girls Carrying a Recycling Bin
bottom of page